Thursday, June 25, 2009

You Say

You say you serve a God of love
Who came to wash the world of sin.
Your lineage you say comes from above
But your words show you're not of Him.

You say I'm like a junkie or a drunk
Irresponsibly picking up needle or can.
But I say that's a  load of junk
I have yet to lie with a woman or a man.

You didn't have to struggle, as a child
To fit your square self in a hole for a round peg.
I'm tired of hurting from the edges I've filed
I'm moving forward to see what's ahead.

But no no no no you cry
For don't you know that God will smite
you if you should try
to put a woman in your life

It's sin it's sin it's sin it's sin
You yell, louder and louder still
And after you finish, begin again
Your choleric rage making you ill

But all this serves the opposite intent
I see nothing Godly in this din
To you I will not repent
Love is the opposite of sin.




well, I'm not a very good poet, but at least I know it ;)

4 comments:

Cecilia said...

It's absolutely lovely. You are a very good poet.

aubrey said...

I like it :)

It's honest, and that's all that matters.

Thanks for this blog, by the way. I am going through a lot of the same things you are.

Itinerant Blogger said...

As a former Texan, Baylor graduate, who struggled through your struggle, I can say that I know more than ever (17 years into a committed relationship, where last year we legally wed and our two children stood up for us in our wedding) that I am confident that my life and love are blessed and that our family is valued by our Creator who knew the outcome of our struggle when we could not even imagine.

Birdie said...

Stand strong in your faith, LB, for God knows your heart. There are plenty of sites where you can find biblical scholarship that casts doubt on the fundamental translation used as a weapon by many. But those who fling Bible verses at you are only finding a convenient weapon to support a cultural bias. Do not heed their words.

You are beloved by God, just as you are, unchanged. He is waiting for you to accept your gift of sexuality wholly and make it to His glory. You are well on your way already.